|Other Names:||The Undead|
|Leader:||Grand High Vampire|
|Notable Powers:|| Super Speed |
|First Appearance:||When You're a Stranger|
Vampires are undead beings like that of popular literature. A stake through the heart and garlic cause them harm. The main difference is that most vampires are born from two undead parents and for the first 16 years of their life they are close to being normal. On their 16th birthday they go through a transformation and gain all vampiric abilities and weaknesses (like aversion to direct UV light).
As a fully fledged vampire they gain many abilities: super speed that borders on teleportation, the ability to hypnotise humans and the ability to create a fireball which can be thrown. They can also shapeshift; normal vampires can turn into a bat and smoke. Vampires can also open and close doors with a click of the fingers and ignite and put out candles with a wave of the hand. The count is seen to remove his soul from his body and possess a human but it is unknown whether this a common vampiric trait or just the Count's ability. Vampires can be awake in the day and as long as they don't come into direct contact with UV light they won't die.
Types of VampireEdit
- Half-fang (born breather)
- Dimidius (half-vampire)
- Shadow Warriors (mixture of vampire and demon)
- The ruling of the vampire race is done by the Vampire High Council, whose leader is the Grand High Vampire.
- 'Half-fangs', once bitten, don't all change at once (apparently due to what blood type they have). It's possible that different blood types unconsciously resist the change but this is not proven.
- Vampires' eyes can also change colour. The most common colour in series 1 and 2 is red. But in series 2, the vampires' eyes turn gold during hypnosis. In series 3 Vlad can change his entire eyes to black, an ability which the count has and first demonstrated to Vlad, Ingrid and Robin before turning into a bat to hunt Van Helsing in 'Kidnipped', series 2. The street vamp's eyes can turn entirely black as well. This happens when a vampire is craving human blood.
See: Vampire Law
Vampires have a wide variety of powers and some are more powerful than others.
- Count Dracula
- Ingrid Dracula
- Vladimir Dracula (Dimidius)
- Arta Dracula (deceased)
- Ivan Dracula
- Elizabeta Vaccaria (Shapeshifter)
- Malik Vaccaria (deceased)
- Boris Dracula (deceased)
- Olga Dracula
- Dracos Dracula (deceased)
- Mrs Dracula
- Atilla Westenra
- Krone Westenra
- Magda Westenra
- Lucinda Westenra
- Jiangshi (deceased)
- Chieftain MacDonald (deceased)
- Sethius (deceased)
- Will Clarke (half-fang, deceased)
- The Grand High Vampire (deceased)
- Justice Moroi (deceased)
- Bertrand de Fortunesa (half-fang, deceased)
- Ryan Noble (deceased)
- Erin Noble (half-fang, deceased)
- Percival Renfield (half-fang)
- Ramanga (deceased)
- Adze Ramanga (deceased)
- Shango Ramanga
- Asan Ramanga
- Lazak and Tagal
- Talitha Roquelaire
- Clarissa Mountjoy
- Wolfie Westenra (half vampire, half werewolf)
- Zera Dracula(dimidius)